Making a call with your IsatPhone
- Go outside with a clear line of sight to the sky. For best performance, move away from tall obstacles such as buildings or trees.
- Fully extend the antenna and point to its optimal position (straight up to the sky)
- Point the antenna towards the equator if possible as this is where the Inmarsat satellites are located.
- When you deploy the antenna always let the handset finish its satellite search for it to successfully connect to the Inmarsat network. Only press hide if you don’t need the phone to connect to the network.
- Dial in international format, e.g. to call GTC dial 00 44 1202 801290, to call OSC dial 00 305 560 5355.
- If you have taken the handset inside between making calls it is best to restart the handset once you are outside again to enable it to quickly regain a signal.
- Remember that it can take up to 2 minutes for the phone to connect to the satellite.