SPOT X | Initiating an SOS
To Initiate the SOS:
- Power on device, lift cover, long press the S.O.S. button for 3 seconds or until S.O.S. screen is displayed, or select S.O.S. from the Main Menu screen and follow the onscreen instructions.
- The S.O.S. icon should appear on the Status Bar to indicate that S.O.S. has been initiated (Figure 6).
- Once S.O.S. is initiated, GEOS IERCC will be notified of your emergency. SPOT will continuously send S.O.S. notifications with your GPS position to GEOS IERCC every 5 minutes until S.O.S. is cancelled or the SPOT X is powered off.
- SPOT will then allow you to communicate 2-Way, via message, with GEOS IERCC by selecting the Text GEOS button.
- Upon activating S.O.S., the device will terminate all previously queued messages waiting to be transmitted as well as Navigation, Check In, Social, and Tracking if active. The SPOT X device will be locked down on S.O.S. Mode and you will not be able to send messages to anyone other than GEOS IERCC until S.O.S. is cancelled.
- While S.O.S. is active, the SPOT X should remain outside in clear view of the sky with no obstructions in order to maintain network connectivity